The Digital Commando Bootcamp Thailand Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes, form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is The Digital Commando Academy Ltd Ltd (Company Number: 12207765) of 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU.
3. Entry is only open to Worldwide residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or any companies in the Promoter’s group of companies and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences at 18:00pm GMT+1 Tuesday, 01 Oct 2019 and closes at 11:59pm GMT+1 on Monday, 04 January 2020 (Promotional Period).
5. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
6. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Multiple entries are not permitted.
8. Winners will be announced on The Digital Commando Academy Social Media Accounts.
How to Enter
9. To enter, entrants must, within the Promotional Period, submit thieir details through the competition form at http://thedigitalcommandoacademy.com/competition/.
10. By entering, the entrant warrants that the Entry:
a. is original and not copied, and was created by the entrant;
b. does not breach the intellectual property rights of any person;
c. does not include (or link to) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate. Without limitation, entrants must not include (or include a link to) any content that involves malice, swearing or which may be defamatory or in contempt of court;
d. does not include (or link to) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists (Copyright Content), unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include (or link to) any Copyright Content in their Entry, they must not include it. By including any Copyright Content in their Entry, the entrant warrants that they are entitled to do so; and
e. contains no viruses or other computer code or material embedded in it which may have a negative impact on the Promoter’s website, this competition or any network or third party computer systems.
12. This promotion is a random chance selection determining the winners. The winners will be selected randomly and recoded for proof.
13. Judging will take place at the end of each Entry Period. One winner will be selected for each Entry Period and will be announced at the end of the Promotional Period.
14. Entries will only be eligible for the prize in the Entry Period in which they are posted and entered via the entry mechanism described at clause 9 above.
16. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. All winners will be publicly announced on the The Digital Commando Academy’s social media accounts. The winner will also receive a private message via The Digital Commando Academy’s social media accounts Facebook with instructions on how to confirm acceptance of their prize. If a winner does not accept their prize within 14 days of receipt of the Facebook private message, the winner forfeits the prize and the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to a secondary random selected entry. The new winner must confirm acceptance of the prize within 7 days of receiving notification via Facebook private message.
18. The randomly selected winner, will win: 1 x return flights to Phuket, Thailand, 1 nights at a 5* hotel in Bangkok, 14 days at a Luxury Villa in Phuket, shared with other participants of the course, 14 day digital commando bootcamp course. Additional rewards may be granted at the CEO of The Digital Commando Academy as his discretion.
20. Total Grand Prize value is approximately GBP £18,792 . Price is correct at time of writing.
21. Spending money, meals, taxes, travel insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transfers in destination and to and from the airport, excess baggage, fuel levies and surcharges, and all other travel related expenses and add-ons including items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. . Frequent Flyer points cannot be accrued as part of this prize and prize winner tickets cannot be upgraded using frequent flyer points, or by payment. Airline or status credits do not apply to these tickets. Lounge access is not included in this prize. Any change fees are the responsibility of the prize winner. Tickets cannot be reissued for re-routes. All travel must be booked prior to the departure date by a The Digital Commando Academy consultant. The airline, departure and return dates will be booked and determined at the discretion of The Digital Commando Academy based on availability.
22. The Grand Prize is valid for travel 01 March – 15 Mar 2020 (pending availability, noting blackout dates over peak periods and embargo periods do apply). Travel must be booked through The Digital Commando Academy Marketing Department by 20 January 2020 and all prize passengers must hold and provide copies of valid passports in order to book (with a minimum of 6 months validity past return travel date into Thailand). If the winner and travelling companion are, for whatever reason, unable to travel on this date, or do not take an element of the Grand Prize within the stipulated time then the Grand Prize (or that element of the Grand Prize) will be forfeited by the winner.
23. Each winner and their companions are responsible for ensuring that they have the necessary and valid travel documentation including, passports, any requisite visas and vaccinations. The winner and travel companion will be responsible for any expenses incurred in obtaining necessary travel documentation, including any fines, or penalties incurred as a result of not having the requisite travel documentation.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner and/or his/her travelling companions to take part in any or all aspects of the Grand Prize if it determines in its absolute discretion that a winner and/or his/her travelling companions are not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the Grand Prize, or if they pose a risk to the safety and wellbeing of any other guests.
26. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.28. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable, non-refundable, nor exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for cash or other goods or services.General
27. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
28. The Promoter may (but is not obliged to) at any time reject or disqualify or invalidate any Entry that it considers (in its sole judgment) infringes these terms and conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants in that regard. If this occurs in respect of a winning Entry, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the next best most original and creative Entry.
29. Any cost associated with accessing Instagram and Facebook is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
30. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
31. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
32. Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law the Promoter: Is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on any computer system or at any website, or any combination thereof, including (but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s property related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; accepts no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in connection with this Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of this Promotion; and accepts no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access.
33. To the fullest extent permitted by law (including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) and without limiting any other conditions of entry, the Promoter may, in its discretion, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion. All entrants participating in this promotion at the point of termination, modification or suspension of the promotion will be notified by a post on the Promoter’s Instagram page. In the event of modification or suspension of the promotion, the entrant may choose to terminate their participation in the promotion at no cost.
34. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including their officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner, winner’s travel companion or entrant; or (f) attendance at the Grand Prize.
35. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
36. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the country of entrants residence.
37. As a condition of accepting the Grand Prize, the winner and his/her companion must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
40. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to the Promoter. When entering the Promotion, you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Instagram.
41. The laws of England and Wales apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.